Parsons Avenue, located at 1949 Parsons Avenue, offers housing and supportive services to formerly homeless men disabled by substance addiction. Originally the site of the Tosheff’s Restaurant and Hotel, CHN was careful to preserve the buildings historical significance allowing it to be nominated to the National Register of Historic Places. The building now provides 25 studio-style units of quality, affordable, permanent, supportive housing linked to social, health and employment services. The location of Parsons Avenue was selected, in part, because of its close proximity to public transportation, convenience shopping and employment opportunities.
CHN works in partnership with Concord Counseling Services to provide the supportive services offered at Parsons. CHN and Concord work collaboratively to offer housing and supportive services to benefit
chronically homeless individuals, which includes an employment program consisting of employment training and job opportunities.
CHN developed, owns, manages and operates this building and ensures that staff is present in the building 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide general oversight and supervision. Southeast employs an onsite service engagement specialist who coordinates services and expedites linkages to treatment.
Community Housing Network and its partners would like to thank the following organizations for their funding and support of this project:
- City of Columbus
Ohio Development Services Agency
Columbus Metropolitan Housing Authority (Section 8)
Community Shelter Board
Franklin County Commissioners
Ohio Capital Corporation for Housing
Ohio Housing Finance Agency
Ohio Equity Fund IX
United Way anonymous donor
United Way of Central Ohio
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (Supporting Housing Program)